by Courtney Grogan
To start off, I would like to recognize those who have been affected by the wildfires burning across the state. I know we all have gratitude for the firefighters who are protecting homes and our Colorado scenery. Even though these fires are becoming more contained each day, most cities in Colorado have cancelled their annual fireworks either out of precaution or respect for those affected by the fires. Since no Independence Day is complete without fireworks, where can you go to see them? Here is a list of some of the major fireworks displays near Fort Collins:
- City of Loveland Fireworks Display
- July 4th, Fireworks start at 9:17 p.m.
- North Lake Park, Taft Avenue and 29th Street
- Greeley Stampede
- July 4th, Fireworks start at 10 p.m.
- Island Grove Park, 600 North 14th Avenue
- Denver Outlaws Game
- July 4th, Fireworks start after the game
- Sports Authority Field at Mile High, 1701 Bryant St.
- 4thof July at Elitch Gardens
- July 4th, Fireworks start at 9 p.m.
- Elitch Gardens, 2000 Elitch Circle
- Independence Day Eve
- TODAY July 3rd, 8 p.m.
- Civic Center Park, Broadway and Colfax
Unfortunately, Fort Collins decided to postpone their fireworks display at City Park, but there will still be festivities in Old Town Square on July 4th.
For an updated list of fireworks displays, check out this site. If you know of any displays not listed please comment! Where will you be celebrating the 4th of July tomorrow?